Exploring the Desert Plains of Wadi Rum, Jordan
Our friendly jeep safari driver parked his rugged 4X4 vehicle in the middle of the desert plains, just in time to catch the fiery sun set over Jordan’s spectacular Wadi Rum. There’s no need to worry about parking infractions when you’re isolated in the middle of no where.
Our group gathered around a small fire while our driver prepared a pot sweet tea. It was a surreal moment, surrounded by huge rocky mountains and endless desert. Aside from a few small bushes there were no signs of life in this barren wilderness.
I left the group and hiked to the top of a rock cluster in order to capture this special moment. It remains one of my favourite memories from our time in Jordan.
Check out these other “Photo of the Week” posts:
- Is this the World’s Coolest Cemetery?
- The World’s Busiest Street Crossing
- Is this the World’s Most Impressive Skyline?
- Is this the World’s Most Unusual City?
- Canada’s Most Picturesque Lake
- Daydreaming in Peru’s Massive Sandbox
Have you visited Petra before? What did you think?
Share you experiences in the comments section below, we’d love to read about it!