Travellers’ Favourite Restaurants in Vancouver
As residents of Vancouver, we’re often asked by our readers where they should dine when visiting Vancouver. It’s not an easy question to answer. Vancouver is a foodie’s dream come true, with hundreds of fantastic restaurants that serve virtually every type of cuisine you can imagine.
It’s one of the things we love about living in beautiful Vancouver!
To help you navigate through the endless list of Vancouver restaurants, TripAdvisor.ca has released its 2012 Travellers’ Choice Awards for Favourite Restaurants in Vancouver. You can see the full list here.
We like sharing these lists because they are based on real consumer feedback. And who better to ask for advice then the people who have dined at these restaurants?
The Top 10 Favourite Restaurants in Vancouver are:
- Le Crocodile – French Cuisine
- Vij’s Restaurant – Indian Cuisine
- Bishop’s – Canadian Cuisine
- Blue Water Cafe & Raw Bar – Seafood Cuisine
- Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge – French Cuisine
- L’abattoir Restaurant – Contemporary, French Cuisine
- Chambar – European Cuisine
- Guu – Japanese Cuisine
- La Quercia – Italian Cuisine
- Tojo’s Restaurant – Japanese Cuisine
You can review the top 25 restaurants here. We have only visited a handful of the restaurants on the list, so we don’t have a lot to contribute in regards to recommendations or testimonials.
So where do WE like to dine in Vancouver?
We prefer a casual, pub-style atmosphere and we love Asian cuisine, so our list is a little different than the one above. Below are 10 restaurants that we frequent in Vancouver, not ranked in any particular order:
- BierCraft Tap and Tapas Bar – try the mussels and Belgian frites
- Local Public Eatery – best patio in Vancouver (at Kits Beach)
- Cactus Club Cafe – casual fine dining, various locations around city
- Banana Leaf Malaysian Cuisine – we love the Nasi Goreng and Roti Canai
- Sushi Yama – great for lunch, try the sushi & sashimi box
- Yaletown Brewpub – good vibe, try the wood oven pizzas with a pint of craft beer
- The Reef Caribbean Restaurant – try the jerk chicken poutine
- House of Dosas – hole-in-the-wall that serves the best dosas in Vancouver
- Bandidas Taqueria – located on Commercial Drive, try the enchiladas
- St. Augustine’s Craft Brew House – over 40+ craft beers on tap!
Do you have a memorable Vancouver dining experience or recommendation?
Share your experience in the comments below, we’re always looking for new restaurants to try!
Thinking about visiting Vancouver this summer?
Read our article on “What the Locals like to do in Vancouver“ and our interview about “How to Find the Best Travel Deals Online“ so that you can find a reasonably priced air line. And feel free to leave a comment below with any questions you have about travel to Vancouver – we’re happy to help!