13 New Years Quotes for 2013
1. New Year’s is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions. ~ Mark Twain
2. The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year’s Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you’re married to. ~ P.J. O’Rourke
3. Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. ~ Oscar Wilde
4. We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day. ~ Edith Lovejoy Pierce
5. Drop the last year into the silent limbo of the past. Let it go, for it was imperfect, and thank God that it can go. – Brooks Atkinson
6. An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~ Bill Vaughn
7. Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. ~ Benjamin Franklin
8. We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives…not looking for flaws, but for potential. ~ Ellen Goodman
9. He who breaks a resolution is a weakling; He who makes one is a fool. ~ F.M. Knowles
10. Your success and happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties. ~ Helen Keller
11. May the New Year bring you courage to break your resolutions early. My own plan is to swear off every kind of virtue, so that I triumph even when I fall. ~ Aleister Crowley
12. For eleven months and maybe about twenty days each year, we concentrate upon the shortcomings of others, but for a few days at the turn of New Year we look at our own. It is a good habit. ~ Arthur H. Sulzberger
13. May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions. ~ Joey Adams
What is your favourite New Years quote?
Share your favourite in the comments section below, we’d love to read it!