Surfing in Sayulita, Mexico
This week’s travel photo comes from the sun drenched beaches of Sayulita, a dusty surf town on the Pacific coast of Mexico.
The waves were going off that afternoon, easily the biggest waves to hit the beach since our arrival. This photo was captured with my iPhone (I get nervous bringing my SLR to the beach), so I wasn’t able to zoom in on the surfers – some of them were ripping it up!
The photo does a good job capturing the beach vibe and mood, but it doesn’t quite capture the size and scale of the waves, nor the skill of these talented surfers. Nevertheless, I’m constantly amazed at the images that are produced from my little smartphone.
Check out these past weekly travel photos:
- Spectacular views from the clifftop Village of Oia, Santorini
- Desert Oasis of Huacachina in Peru
- Be amazed at the Taj Mahal
- Check out the World’s Busiest Street Crossing
- Colourful Crab on the Galapagos Islands
- Searching for wild rhinos on the back of an elephant in Nepal
Have you visited the Sayulita? What did you think?
Share your experiences in the comments section below, we’d love to read about it!
See map below to find out where this photo taken.