This week’s photo comes from the busy canals of Venice. Bonus points if you can name the beautiful building in the backdrop. I’m having a hard time finding it on the Googlesphere?
History, romance and beauty aside, the fact that Venice sits on over 100 small islands and is the world’s only pedestrian city makes it a fascinating destination.
Some people complain that it’s far too touristy, but that doesn’t bother me. The crowds are drawn to Venice for a reason. If you have an interest in history, architecture, photography and/or food, than Venice is for you.
That said, if you plan to visit Venice you better get there soon because it’s apparently sinking five times faster than expected.
Check out these past weekly travel photos:
- Spectacular views from the clifftop Village of Oia, Santorini
- Desert Oasis of Huacachina in Peru
- Check out the World’s Busiest Street Crossing
- Colourful Crab on the Galapagos Islands
- Searching for wild rhinos on the back of an elephant in Nepal
Have you visited Venice? What did you think?
Share your experiences in the comments section below, we’d love to read about it!
See map below to find out where this photo taken.