Our Travel Wish List Continues to Evolve with Baby B
Ah, the travel wish list. The benchmark for personal travel successes.
Although we are constantly setting goals for ourselves, we’ve never been the type to actually write extensive travel bucket lists. On the surface, it seems like a pointless exercise. Every time we complete a travel goal (or life goal), we inevitably replace it with another. So why bother, right?
While having coffee with friends the other day, we got to talking about life goals and travel. For us, the two always seemed to be intertwined, as many of our life goals revolve around travel experiences.
The conversation made us realize that, at times, we forget how fortunate we are to have been able to travel to over 60 countries together as a couple. It’s an accomplishment that neither of us thought was possible. But, the irony is that the more travel goals we achieve, the more we add to the travel wish list.
It’s as if our travel wish list is destined to never be completed!
Now, with precious Baby B in our lives, our travel wish list has evolved. How could it not? Having a baby is kind of a big deal!
With our first international trip as a trio behind us, we now find ourselves re-thinking our travel wish list. Our travel plans now need to include our little man, which changes things slightly. With that in mind, we thought it would be fun to actually write down our travel goals.
It will be interesting to revisit this list 5-10 years from now, to see what experiences we’ve actually been able to accomplish.
Here are 30 items on our current Travel Wish List
- Climb to the summit of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania (okay, maybe this one’s not for Baby B)
- While in Tanzania, we’d also like to experience a wildlife safari in the Ngorongoro Crater and the sun-drenched beaches of Zanzibar
- Soak in the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa in Iceland, followed by a road trip across the county
- Island hopping in the South Pacific, with Bora Bora, Vanuatu and Fiji leading the charge
- Cruise through icebergs and hang out with penguins in Antarctica
- Attend a live Super Bowl game in the United States
- Swim in a desert oasis in the Sahara Desert of Northern Africa
- Walk the Camino de Santiago in northwestern Spain. While in Spain, we’d also like to spend an extended period of time on the Mediterranean Coast, ideally spending a few weeks in Barcelona, Valencia or the Costa Brava region of northeastern Catalonia
- Experience the diversity of Madagascar, searching for endemic species like lemurs and chameleons, driving down the Avenue of the Baobabs and hiking in the Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park
- Road trip through western USA, focusing on Utah, Arizona, Nevada and Colorado – we have see the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley at least once in our lives
Breathe the fresh mountain air while hiking in the Swiss Alps of SwitzerlandCompleted summer of 2012!
- Witness the bright lights of Seoul Special City, the largest metropolis of South Korea
- Swim to the edge of death in the Devil’s Pool of Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe
- Stuff our faces with delicious Italian food and wine in the vineyards of Sicily
- Visit the Kremlin and Red Square in Moscow, followed by a trip to St Petersburg, Russia
- Cage diving with Great White Sharks in Cape Town, South Africa, followed by a wildlife safari and overnight lodging in Kruger National Park
- Hike, kayak and explore Denali National Park in Alaska, maybe via an Alaskan cruise?
- Snorkeling with whale sharks in the Bay Islands of Honduras. We were unsuccessful in Belize last year, so maybe our luck will change in the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System!
- Jeep safari through the giant sand dunes of the Namib Desert in Namibia
- Float down the canals of France, passing ancient villages in a personal river boat
- Visiting the United Kingdom in the summer so that we can go hiking in the Lake District and explore its villages, castles, lakes and natural beauty
- Winter in Scandinavia, including a snowboarding trip in Norway and reindeer sledding in Sweden
- Surfing the Pacific in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
- Sail around the historical Maltese Islands in the Mediterranean Sea
- Hiking to the crater of Mount Bromo, an active volcano in East Java, followed by island hopping and beach bumming in Bali, Indonesia
- Explore the picturesque villages of Cinque Terre National Park on the rugged coast of the Italian Riviera in western Italy
- Scuba-diving in the Maldives Islands and spending time on our own private island
- Experience all that is New York, including the Empire State Building, Time Square, Statue of Liberty, Yankees Stadium, Central Park and a slice of traditional New York pizza
- Hike, kayak, surf and explore the lush Hawaiian Islands, specifically Molokai and Lānaʻi
- Last but not least, a camping road trip across the length of Canada, from Vancouver to St John’s, Newfoundland – ideally in a rented campervan
Okay, so maybe Baby B is a little young for some of these adventures. But we’ve got his whole life to start crossing off these experiences and replacing them with new ones!
What’s on your travel list?
Share your dream adventure in the comments section below, we’re always looking for new travel inspiration!
[ad name=”World Nomads 468 Banner”]