Views of Kathmandu Valley from Swayambhunath Stupa, Nepal
Some of the best views of the congested Kathmandu Valley are captured from Swayambhunath Stupa, a UNESCO World Heritage Site also known as the Monkey Temple.
Surrounded by the lush foothills of the Himalayas, the sea of colourful multi-level buildings consumes the ancient valley once inhabited by the great civilizations of Asia.
Though mostly chaotic urban sprawl, Kathmandu is more than a quick stopover for travelers en-route to the Himalayas. At least one day of exploring its legendary temples must be included to any Nepal itinerary.
Here are some previous weekly photos for you to check out:
- Is this the World’s Coolest Cemetery?
- The World’s Busiest Street Crossing
- Is this the World’s Most Impressive Skyline?
- Is this the World’s Most Unusual City?
- Canada’s Most Picturesque Lake
- Original Olympic Stadium in Athens, Greece
Have you visited Kathmandu? What were some of your highlights?
Share your experience in the comments section below, we’d love to hear about it!
[ad name=”Google Adsense – Belize”]