Postcard from Zurich, Switzerland
This week’s photo comes from the shores of the Limmat River in central Zurich. Though many travellers only use Zurich as a gateway to the Swiss Alps or neighbouring countries, we think its well worth a visit.
The twin-towered church in the photo is the iconic Grossmünster (translates to ‘Great Minster’), which is said to have first been built in 820. See more photos from our trip to Zurich.
Quick facts – Zurich was named the city with the best quality of life in the world as well as the wealthiest city in Europe.
Check out these other great travel photos!
- Is this the World’s Coolest Cemetery?
- The World’s Busiest Street Crossing
- Is this the World’s Most Impressive Skyline?
- Is this the World’s Most Unusual City?
- Daydreaming in Peru’s Massive Sandbox
- Panoramic Views of Petra
Have you visited Zurich? What did you think?
Share you experiences in the comments section below, we’d love to read about it!