A Summer Evening in Old Town Luzern, Switzerland
Luzern has everything we look for in a European city – historical architecture, outdoor restaurants, cobblestone roads, red roofs, fresh flowers hanging from windows and pointy cathedrals that dominate the skyline. We love the variety of restaurants that line the Reuss River in the Old Town, perfectly situated in front of the iconic Chapel Bridge (Kapellbrücke), a wooden bridge first constructed in the 14th century.
We captured this photo on a warm summer evening, just hours after the lake city was drenched by an electrifying thunderstorm.
Check out these other great travel photos!
- Is this the World’s Coolest Cemetery?
- The World’s Busiest Street Crossing
- Is this the World’s Most Impressive Skyline?
- Is this the World’s Most Unusual City?
- Daydreaming in Peru’s Massive Sandbox
- Panoramic Views of Petra
Have you visited Luzern? What did you think?
Share your experience in the comments section below, we’d love to read about it!