The most unusual cafe we’ve ever visited
This week’s travel photo comes from the peculiar lands of Cappadocia in central Turkey. Sculpted by millions of years of erosion, the magical volcanic landscapes are unlike any other place on the planet. The region is famous for its fairy chimneys, colourful rock formations and unusual cave hotels (here are more photos).
While exploring the strange landscapes, we stumbled upon this makeshift cafe, situated on the edge of a cliff that overlooks “Love Valley”. If you’re curious about why it’s called Love Valley – click here.
Although the tea was nothing special and the chairs felt as if they could break at any moment, you’d be hard pressed to find a table with better views!
Read more from our travels to Cappadocia:
- Photo Essay: The Magical Landscapes of Cappadocia, Turkey
- Video: Hiking the Goreme Valley in Cappadocia
- Video: Sunrise Hot Air Balloon Tour in Cappadocia, Turkey
- The Cave Churches of Göreme in Cappadocia, Turkey
- Floating high above Cappadocia in a Hot Air Balloon
Have you visited Cappadocia? What was your most memorable moment?
Share your experience in the comments section below!