8 Easy Ways to Earn More Aeroplan Miles
Traveling can be expensive, especially when you have a little one in tow. But there are many ways to offset the costs of travel, simple things that you can do every day that will make a big difference in the long run. One of which is collecting and redeeming frequent flyer miles with loyalty programs like Aeroplan.
We are big supporters and users of Aeroplan – we have been for years. We are amazed at how many Canadians are not members, since membership is free and members are rewarded with free travel and gift certificates. We assume these people are either uninformed or just plain lazy, because it doesn’t make much sense to turn away free stuff.
We use our VISA Infinite Card to accumulate Aeroplan miles quicker, but members can earn miles by using their free Aeroplan card on everyday purchases. We make it a habit to always carry our Aeroplan card on us, keeping one in the car for fuel purchases and another in our wallets for everyday purchases.
By being vigilant and always pulling out our Aeroplan card, we have earned enough points for multiple round-trip flights within North America. This year we will be going to Los Angeles and Toronto, both flights purchased by redeeming our Aeroplan miles.
Here are 8 retail partnerships that will help you earn Aeroplan Miles faster:
- Costco – We love Costco for electronics, household furniture and when we need bulk food items (and diapers!). Customers who sign up for a Costco membership can earn a bonus of up to 1,500 miles and existing members earn miles when shopping online at Costco.ca and at the warehouse during special promotional periods.
- Birks – A new partnership that launched in 2012 allows members to earn 1 mile for every $2 spent at Birks or birks.com. For big ticket items like engagement rings and watches, this can add up fast.
- Bentley – You can find a Bentley store in most malls across Canada and you can’t beat its prices (our current luggage was purchased from Bentley). Members can earn 1 Aeroplan mile for every $1 spent on items such as luggage, handbags, backpacks, briefcases, sport duffle bags and accessories.
- Esso – Members earn 1 mile for every $3 spent at Esso stations and even more miles when they purchase Extra Grade gasoline and Supreme Grade gasoline.
- Car servicing companies – Aeroplan members have several companies to choose from including OK Tire, Meineke and Maaco. Last year, we purchased winter tires at OK Tire and earned 500 Aeroplan miles just for pulling out the card.
- Find local partnerships – Aeroplan has a number of local partnerships in which members can earn miles for clothing, footwear, jewellery and fashion accessories – you never know where you’ll see that Aeroplan symbol, so keep that card handy!
- Teleflora – Perfect for mother’s day, birthdays or a holiday, a new partnership with Teleflora allows members to earn 10 miles for every $1 spent on a purchase of floral arrangements.
- Miele – Until May 31st, 2013 members can earn 10,000 miles on each appliance purchased online or in store. For example, if you buy a coffee machine, a dishwasher and an oven, you’ll earn 30,000 miles. That is a lot of miles! But don’t worry if you miss the deadline, more will be added in the future.
Editor’s disclosure – Aeroplan is one of our travel partners, however expressed opinions are entirely our own. We are long-time supporters and users of the Aeroplan rewards program.