Top 10 Tourist Attractions in the World
Okay, I admit it. I’m just as guilty as you are for being seduced by this juicy title.
When you see a title like “top attractions in the world” you can’t help yourself, which is precisely why you’re reading this post.
It’s this curiousity that lead me to find this list in the first place. I have so many email subscriptions that I literally get 100’s of emails every day. Most get deleted, but the few that survive the daily purge usually have a catchy title that grabs my attention – case in point.
TripAdvisor.ca sent me the results for its 2013 Travellers’ Choice for Top 25 Landmarks in the world (see the full list here). I don’t know the exact method used to calculate the rankings, but they are based on feedback from millions of travellers around the globe.
Here are the Top 10 Attractions in the World for 2013 (according to TripAdvisor.ca)
- Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu, Peru
- Angkor Wat – Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Taj Mahal – Agra, India
- Petra World Heritage Site – Petra, Jordan
- Bayon Temple – Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Great Cathedral and Mosque – Cordoba, Spain
- Church or Our Savior on Spilled Blood – St. Petersburg, Russia
- St. Peter’s Basilica – Vatican City, Italy
- Ancient City Walls – Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Main Market Square (Rynek Glowny) – Krakow, Poland
Keep in mind, we have only highlighted the Top 10 in this post. The full list includes the top 25 (see the full list here).
Have you visited any of these world attractions? Do you agree with the rankings?
Share your favourite world attraction in the comments section below, we’re always interested in learning what attractions have left a lasting impression on people.