Dubai Skyline from the Palm Monorail
This week’s travel photo of the booming Dubai skyline was captured from the front car of the Palm Monorail. The monorail runs up and down the spine of the extravagant Palm Jumeirah, an artificial archipelago created to look like a palm tree.
At one end of the Palm Jumeirah is the world famous Atlantis hotel, the first resort to be built on the island. We visited Dubai back in 2009, which was only a few months after the monorail was officially opened to the public. The monorail connects the Palm Jumeirah to the mainland and is the first monorail in the Middle East.
Dubai is an interesting place to say the least. Where else in the world can you take a train that passes high above an artificial beach community made to look like a palm tree?
Check out these past weekly travel photos:
- Spectacular views from the clifftop Village of Oia, Santorini
- Walking Amongst Giants in Karnak, Luxor
- Check out the World’s Busiest Street Crossing
- Is this the World’s Most Unusual City?
- Powerful Statement at the Santa Monica Pier
- Watchful Eyes of Boudhanath in Kathmandu
Have you traveled to Dubai? Did you visit the Palm Monorail?
Share your experiences in the comments section below, we’d love to read about it!
See map below to find out where this photo taken