Arc de Triomphe, Paris, France
Proudly sitting in the centre of the Place Charles de Gaulle, at the western end of the Champs-Élysées, the Arc de Triomphe is one of the most famous landmarks in Paris. Standing at 50 metres tall, the impressive monument honours those who fought and died for France in the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Wars.
There’s an observation deck on the top of the monument that serves up some spectacular Parisian views. It’s one of the best spots in Paris to capture the Eiffel Tower and futuristic La Défense city skyline. Here are some photos we captured from the top of the Arc de Triomphe.
Check out these past weekly travel photos:
- Walking Amongst Giants in Karnak, Luxor
- Dubai Skyline from the Palm Monorail
- Check out the World’s Busiest Street Crossing
- Is this the World’s Most Unusual City?
- Powerful Statement at the Santa Monica Pier
- Watchful Eyes of Boudhanath in Kathmandu
Have you travelled to Paris? Did you visit the Arc de Triomphe?
Share your experience in the comments section below, we’d love to read about it!
See map below to find out where this photo taken