Wai-O-tapu Geothermal Pools in Rotorua, New Zealand
Located 27 kilometres south of Rotorua on the North Island of New Zealand is the Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland. Rotorua has five main Geothermal Areas, so it’s easy to find a variety of erupting geysers, hot springs, boiling mud pools, hissing craters and neon sulphuric pools.
The colourful steamy pool you see in this photo is called the Champagne Pool. It looks similar to some of the pools you’ll find at Yellowstone National Park in the United States.
It’s an interesting place to visit if you find yourself in the Rotorua area.
Check out these past weekly travel photos:
- Spectacular views from the clifftop Village of Oia, Santorini
- Desert Oasis of Huacachina in Peru
- Check out the World’s Busiest Street Crossing
- Colourful Crab on the Galapagos Islands
- Searching for wild rhinos on the back of an elephant in Nepal
Have you visited New Zealand? What did you think?
Share your experiences in the comments section below, we’d love to read about it!
See map below to find out where this photo taken.