Sometimes a simple quote or phrase is all that it takes to spark action and change in our lives.
We always welcome inspirational words, so we thought it would be fun to share some quotes that have inspired us in the past. Hopefully one or two of them give you the push you need to plan that next adventure. Enjoy!
28 Travel Quotes that will inspire you to travel more.
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
- The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. - Saint Augustine
- When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable. - Clifton Fadiman
- If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home. – James Michener
- We must go beyond textbooks, go out into the bypaths and untrodden depths of the wilderness and travel and explore and tell the world the glories of our journey. – John Hope Franklin
- Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe. – Anatole France
- Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life. - Michael Palin
- A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. - Lao Tzu
- Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey. - Barbara Hoffman
- A wise traveler never despises his own country. - Carlo Goldoni
- You seldom, if ever, get lucky sitting down. - Zig Ziglar
- To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. – Aldous Huxley
- Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. – Robert Frost
- Whether you think you can or whether you think you can’t, you’re right! – Henry Ford
- Never leave that till tomorrow which you can do today. - Benjamin Franklin
- Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” - A.A. Milne, Winne the Pooh
- I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it. - Rosalia de Castro
- The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. - Elbert Hubbard
- An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching. – Gandhi
- Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living. - Miriam Beard
- Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends. - Maya Angelou
- Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving. – Terry Pratchett
- I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. - Mark Twain
- There is no moment of delight in any pilgrimage like the beginning of it. - Charles Dudley Warner
- We may run, walk, stumble, drive, or fly, but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way. - Gloria Gaither
- You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take. - Wayne Gretzy
- I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move. – Robert Louis Stevenson
- No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow. - Lin Yutang
What is your favourite travel quote?
Share your favourite in the comments section below, we’d love to read it!