Welcome to our travel blog!
Hello! We are Nicole and Cameron Wears, a married couple and parents who live in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia on the west coast of Canada.
The goal for this travel blog is simple – to share our travel stories from around the globe and in our beautiful backyard, with the hope that it will inspire you to travel more or help you plan that next big adventure you’ve been dreaming about.
Travel is very personal. It means different things to different people. To some, it’s a one week vacation to an all-inclusive hotel in the Caribbean. To others, it’s strapping on a backpack with no itinerary or end date.
Our hope is that this blog helps you find travel inspiration regardless of your travel style.
A little about us…
We consider ourselves very fortunate to have traveled to over 75 countries and territories together in the past 10 years, fulfilling many of our life goals and dreams along the way.
Travel is a common passion that has always played an important role in our lives. Our exposure to travel began at young ages, with Cam living in Nairobi, Kenya at age 12 and Nicole backpacking Europe at age 19.
After living in Malaysia in 2004 and exploring most of Southeast Asia, we got bitten by the travel bug and have continued to make travel an important part of our lives.
In the summer of 2008 we made a bold decision
We traded our great jobs for a backpack and a checklist. It was an exciting time in our lives, filled with every kind of emotion you can think of.
It was also the adventure that pushed us to create this travel blog.
Initially, this blog was meant to keep family and friends updated about our travels. But, when we returned home from that round-the-world adventure, we realized our journey had only just begun.
Long-term, meaningful travel gave us the gift of confidence, clarity and optimism. It taught us to respect and appreciate our planet and the people and cultures that make it interesting and wonderful.
The lessons learned from long-term travel gave us the courage to pursue our next great challenge – raising a family.
In 2010, we decided to plant some roots in Vancouver
We no longer had the desire to live out of a backpack indefinitely. We love having a home and should not be mistaken for digital nomads on a trip that never ends.
We go to work every day, like most people, but we choose not to sacrifice travel for work, and vice versa.
In 2011, we welcomed our first son, Braydon, to the world. Almost two years later, his brother Connor was born.
The joy our boys bring to our lives is hard to put into words. They amaze us every day and remind us what is truly important – love, health and happiness.
We now travel as a family of four.
Our dusty backpacks have been exchanged for over-sized luggage on wheels. Late nights at the pub have been traded for early mornings at the coffee shop.
Inevitably, our travel style has changed and evolved. However, we are proof that it is possible to build a career and family AND travel the globe and follow your dreams.
We’re happy you found us and hope you find our travel stories, photos and tips useful.
Don’t know where to start?
How about some fun travel inspiration?
Or some cool awesome travel photos?
- 13 Awesome Miniature Photos from Around the World
- 39 B&W Photos that will Inspire You to Travel the World
- 17 Photos of Memorable Hikes from our Travels
- Photo Essay: Snowboarding in the French Alps
- Photo Essay: The Magical Landscapes of Cappadocia, Turkey
Maybe you want to learn more about us?
- How we Balance Work, Family and Travel
- After 5 years of travel blogging, what have we learned?
- Why do we continue to travel with a baby
- Read our interview and guest posts and our travels from A to Z
Are you looking for some travel tips and advice?
- When Travel Bloggers Get Scammed – Don’t be a victim
- You can’t go to Ireland and not see these top 10 Ireland attractions
- How to Budget for a Trip Around the World
- Should you get travel insurance for your upcoming trip?
Take a peak at some of our popular posts:
- Memorable Moments Drinking Beer Around the World
- 9 European Cities We Think You Should Visit and Why
- From Floods to Forts – How Jodhpur Made an Impression
- Snowboarding in the Desert? Welcome to Dubai!
- Travel to Molokai – What to Do and What Not to Do
For those who don’t know, a Canuck is a slang term used to describe a Canadian. Kind of like a Kiwi for a New Zealander or Yankee for an American. It is also the name of Vancouver’s professional hockey team, the Vancouver Canucks, which is how we came up with the name for this travel blog.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cam, Nicole, Braydon and Connor