Welcome to our family travel blog!
Hello! We are Cam and Nicole Wears, a Canadian couple and parents who choose to make travel a priority.
Read about our story here.
We started this blog back in 2008, when we embarked on a year long journey around the world. Back then, we traveled light and cheap. We were the stereotypical backpackers. We would arrive at a new destination and let serendipity guide us.
But times have changed. Big time.
We now travel with our two boys, Braydon (10 years old) and Connor (8 years old). Our travel style and needs have evolved since becoming parents. So did the content on this blog.
Today, this blog is focused on family world travel and Canadian content, specifically British Columbia.
We write about the destinations we visit, the travel tips we learn, and how we’re able to balance work, family and travel. We are proof that it is possible to build a career and family AND travel the globe and follow your passions. You CAN do both! You don’t have to quit your job and sell all of your possessions to see the world.
We have a home in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia and we have full time jobs that require us to be in the office from Monday to Friday. But that doesn’t stop us from traveling at least once per month.
What are you looking for?
Are you looking for family travel tips for your next trip?
- 10 Common Family Travel Mistakes (and how to avoid them)
- 15 Baby travel items we travel with (and you should too)
- 13 Tips for Successful Baby Travel
- Top 10 Tips for Family Travel during Spring Break
- Should you bring your car seat when you travel?
- Taking a Caribbean Cruise? Here’s what you need to know
Are you looking for ideas about where to travel next?
- The perfect Ireland road trip itinerary for families
- Why You Should Visit the Mosel Valley in Germany
- European Cities We Think You Should Visit and Why
- When in the Canadian Rockies, you MUST visit THIS place
Do you want to learn how you can travel more often?
- How we Balance Work, Family and Travel
- Yes, it is possible to travel often… even with a full time job
- What’s next? How do we decide where to travel next?
Are you looking for pretty photos to spark your wanderlust?
- 22 Beaches to Take Your Mind Off Winter
- 15 Photos that will inspire you to travel to Belize
- The Magical Landscapes of Cappadocia, Turkey
- 25 Photos that will inspire you to visit Curaçao
Do you want to learn more about us?
- After 5 years of travel blogging, what have we learned?
- 16 Things travel taught us in 2017
- 16 Things Travel Taught us in 2016
- Read our interview and guest posts
Do you want to read our popular blog posts?
- The Best Road Trip from Vancouver for first time visitors
- 28 Powerful Quotes That Inspire Travel
- There is MUCH more to Peru than Machu Picchu
- Travel to Molokai – What to Do and What Not to Do
- Should you add Sayulita Mexico to your travel short list?
You can find articles a few different ways.
The easiest way to find specific information is to use the search box at the top of this page or in the footer. You can also search by country on the Destinations page and Where We’ve Been page.
If you have a question, you can contact us through this website (you can email us here) or you can find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Thanks for stopping by!
Cam, Nicole, Braydon and Connor