Who are the Traveling Canucks?
Hello! We are Nicole and Cameron Wears, a married couple and newbie parents living in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia on the west coast of Canada.
The goal for this travel site is simple - To share our adventures, stories and travel tips from around the globe, with the hope that it inspires you to travel or helps you plan your next big adventure.
Travel means different things to different people. To some, it’s a one week vacation to an all-inclusive hotel in the Caribbean. To others, it’s strapping on a backpack with no plans or itinerary.
Our hope is that you find travel inspiration and motivation through our travel stories and photos, regardless of your travel style.
We consider ourselves very fortunate to have traveled to over 65 countries and territories together in the past 7 years, fulfilling many of our life goals and dreams along the way.
Travel and adventure is a common passion that has always played an important role in our lives. Our exposure to travel began at young ages, with Cameron living in Nairobi, Kenya at age 12 and Nicole backpacking around Europe at age 19.
After living in Malaysia in 2004 and exploring Southeast Asia, we caught the travel bug and have since made traveling an important part of our lives.
In the summer of 2008 we made a bold move. We traded our great jobs for a backpack and a long checklist, which has proven to be one of the greatest decisions we’ve ever made.
After spending over a year on the road in 2009, we no longer have the desire to live out of a backpack indefinitely. We should not be mistaken for digital nomads on a trip that never ends. We have a home in beautiful Vancouver and go to work every day like most people – we just choose to not sacrifice travel for work, and vice versa.
We are career focused, young professionals that have a passion for travel, adventure and world discovery. We are proof that it is possible to build a career and family AND travel the globe and chase your dreams.
Don’t know where to start?
How about some fun travel inspiration?
- There is MUCH more to Peru than Machu Picchu
- What is the 8th Wonder of the World?
- From Backpackers to Bollywood Actors: A Day in Mumbai, India
- Photo Essay: The Magical Landscapes of Cappadocia, Turkey
- 28 Powerful Quotes That Inspire Travel
Or some cool awesome travel photos?
- 13 Awesome Miniature Photos from Around the World
- 39 B&W Photos that will Inspire You to Travel the World
- 17 Photos of Memorable Hikes from our Travels
- Our 20 Most Popular Travel Photos on Instagram
- Photo Essay: Snowboarding in the French Alps
Maybe you want to learn more about us?
- How we Balance Work, Family and Travel
- Why do we continue to travel with a baby
- A Quick Look Back at our Travel Blog
- Read our interview and guest posts and our travels from A to Z
Are you looking for some travel tips and advice?
- When Travel Bloggers Get Scammed – Don’t be a victim
- Planning a Round-the-World Trip: 15 Things NOT to Forget
- What are Our Favourite Countries?
- How to Budget for a Trip Around the World
- Should you get travel insurance for your upcoming trip?
Take a peak at some of our popular posts:
- Memorable Moments Drinking Beer Around the World
- 9 European Cities We Think You Should Visit and Why
- Snowboarding in the Desert? Welcome to Dubai!
- 22 Beaches to Take Your Mind Off Winter
- Travel to Molokai – What to Do and What Not to Do
We’re thrilled your here. Thanks for stopping by!
For those of you that don’t know, a Canuck is a slang term used to describe a Canadian. It is also the name of Vancouver’s professional hockey team, the Vancouver Canucks, hence the name of our travel site. You just learned something new today – now take the rest of the day off, you deserve it!